Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Motivation: Empty

I don't usually post unfinished work here, but for some reason I just can't paint this dude right.

I did this a month and a half ago, tried at various points to paint it, but it just wasn't working out. Maybe I'll revisit it when I have a proper desk to work at, not just a bar to stand at, while hunched over trying to draw.

Anyways, this is a tuatara, a reptile here in New Zealand that I found to be pretty darn cool after hearing about them at the Kiwi Birdlife Park that Liz and I volunteer at. These guys can live to be REALLY old (there's one in NZ that is roughly 110 years old that just fathered a tuatara recently) so I thought it would be fun to show one as an old fart watching TV. Maybe... maybe not. Here he is!


1 comment: