On the way home from the grocery store tonight I thought, "Man, I can't wait to get home to see Penny!" Only thing was, when I thought "home" I meant this gray flat I'm living in, which Penny isn't currently occupying. I wish I could hear that soothing purr of hers. I miss my girl.
The other thing that is killing me is the inability to sing my guts out. I just need to YELL and sing to along to a song! Not in an angry way though...I just need to push my vocal muscles to the extreme. I can't do that here! Liz feels the same way. I didn't realize this until I brought it up the other day. She agreed. Thoroughly.
I did get to flex my nerd muscles today though, a.k.a. my right thumb and left thumb muscles. I hopped over to Gamerz Club after work and got a good two hour session in on a new game that came out (Gears of War 3). I got my butt kicked, but had a blast.
After gaming I stepped out of that dimly lit, moldy-smelling lair, and walked to the Octagon, where, to my surprise, I stumbled upon the fact that I had somehow traveled to Ireland. Ireland plays lord knows who tonight at the stadium, so the Irish have flooded the streets of Dunedin. I think there might be more Irish than Kiwi here in Dunedin tonight. It's pretty amazing. I wish I had video to show, because what you would see would be a sea of green - a filthy mouthed, booze soaked, scantily clad (mostly men), drunken sea of green. I hurried parted the sea, making my way to the store to pick up some milk, and bread, then plowed back through.
Now here I sit. A Penny-less man. At least the sun is coming out these days :)
No comments:
Post a Comment