Liz and I are fast approaching our third month here. Dunedin has been a bit...cold, depressing, dark, rainy, damp, and cloudy these past few weeks. Haha! I wish I could have something more positive to say, but the reality is that crappy weather sucks!
It's funny, nearly every morning we wake up, the sun will be shining as bright as can be. We'll make big plans, get all pumped up, but by the time we are strolling out the door a giant gray turd of a cloud will be cruising at mach speed over the mountains to cover up the sun and dump whatever it feels like on us on that particular day...wait, let me back up...it chooses to dump whatever it feels like dumping on us at that particular moment. I swear the other day I was on the computer looking out the window and saw this in less than an 30 minutes - darkness, sun, rain, snow, sun, hail, rain, darkness. It's crazy! Luckily spring has "started" and the dark days seem to be over, thank goodness.
Yesterday was gorgeous. Liz and I woke up to a beautiful day, that stayed beautiful for a change, and decided to go to the nearest beach, St. Kilda. It was a great time. We climbed things, watched the waves crash into the rocks we were standing on, bothered seagulls, found out that a sewage drain was pouring into the ocean at that particular beach. It was awesome! Liz has some great pictures on her site. Check em'.
I have a job now! I'll post about that next.
![]() |
| One of maybe 3 self-portraits I've done. The sketch was done on the day that I saw all four seasons in 30 minutes. Can't you tell? |
iDrawMe from Brad Vinson on Vimeo.

No comments:
Post a Comment