Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just because I'm leaving, it doesn't mean I hate you.

There are a lot of things I'm going to miss while being over in New Zealand.

In no particular order I will, without a doubt, miss my cat Penny (she makes me do nothing but smile), my wonderful family, my great friends that double as family/want to be my family but can't because they aren't cool enough, Best Buy, Baltimore, and my PS3.

One of the things I'm dreading the most though is not having easy access to some of my favorite music venus on the east coast (Sonar, Ottobar, The Blackcat, etc.) Music is a huge part of my life, and some of my favorite memories revolve around going to shows. In (fun)fact, Liz and I might not be together if it weren't for one of the craziest nights/shows of my life in DC at a Does It Offend You, Yeah? show (nothing will ever top how ridiculous this show was)...I don't want to credit the band for bringing us closer though, because I'm positive that my irresistible charm and endless charisma would have overcome her if I just kept working it for another 3-5 years. The time leading up to a concert, the time spent at the show, the good times had after seeing a live band hanging with my friends...I'm going to miss that so much.

Another thing I'm dreading is not having a car, not because I have a burning desire to drive everywhere or a desire to spend $4 a gallon on gas, but because the car is where I get to CRANK up the volume and sing, scream, and shout my little heart out. I love feeling the music shake the car, and everything inside it. In honor of this, I went out to my car, threw in a Glassjaw album, and filmed the effects it had on my poor little Mazda. I'll miss you baby.


Shake whatcha Mazda gave ya! from Brad Vinson on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment