Sunday, June 19, 2011

I've been dreaming so long, I'm sick of sleeping.

If you're here, you probably already know that I'm heading off to New Zealand for a year. It's a dream that Liz had when she first visited Hobbitville a few years back to move there one day, and I'm lucky enough that she shared her dream with me. I flip-flopped back and forth over the past (nearly) three years with the thought of going, but now here I am, 19 days away from getting on a plane to fly to the other side of the world with my recently turned brunette, best pal. The dream is about to get real real, really quick.

I'd imagine that your wondering, "What will Brad do when he gets over there? What will he eat? Where will he sleep? How will he make money!? Will he loose his mind over the toilet flushing in the opposite direction? Will he punch a shark in the face if he encounters one at the beach? WILL HE LEARN TO SPEAK NEW ZEALANDISHESE?!" Each and every question is valid. I don't have a single answer to any of them though. Although I do know we plan on staying in Dunedin.

It's finally starting to hit me that I'm leaving. I won't be seeing some really great friends and family for a year. I've already been dreading leaving my cat Penny behind. She's sleeping right next to me as I type this. That's going to suck the worst. I'm pretty open about semi-embarrassing things, so I'll just say it right now...I will be doing special Skype sessions with my parents just so I can see Penn. I don't know how everyone will carry on without me. I have faith that you all will push forward though!

That's all I got for right now. I'd love to carry on, but it's 4:15 in the morning. I'm tired and I have a headache from too many Captain and Cokes at a banging wedding tonight (congratulations Keri and Chad, better known as Cherry apparently, haha!). 

Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment